Thursday, November 13, 2008

couple quick things

Before I forget, I wanted to share that the elections were as much of a hit over here as I heard they were in the US! After the elections, his face was on every newspaper in the newstands and on the radio and TV. Everyone I spoke with-morocchini, italiani, spagnoli, etc.- wanted Obama to win. Someone said they wanted the world to vote for the US president because he basically decides the fate of the world. Maybe it's a bold statement but I'm coming to terms with how much precedence the US and Obama holds with the EU economy and world relations.

Then for other really good news, I'm moving to Firenze/Florence this Sunday to the family's house with 2 girls, 8 and 10. So one more move and another big change but I can't wait! Finally things are finalized and I can start packing :) I will send the details when I know more.

Til the next time!
Julie

2 comments:

trace said...

Hi Jules-
Just a quick note- as we have all been fighting some sort of virus for the past 2 weeks, i hope it makes its way thru our house by Thanksgiving. I hope your newest adventure turns out to be your best move yet. You sound very excited for this change & we wish you the best! We have enjoyed our first couple of snowfalls but right now its pouring, not a nice day to be out & about. I have to drive down the driveway to meet Belle so she doesn't get soaked on her mile hike up to the house. Will write more later as Little Gregg is hanging off my neck!
Take care, Be safe!
Love- Tracy

trace said...

Hi Julie-
Wanted to wish you a "Happy Thanksgiving" from all.
Hope you are well. I am recooperating form Strep & as a precaution all the kids are also on antibiotics... Its been a long week, i hoping this is it for the year! Take care, be safe, (i know you are now)
Love, tracy